Sunday, September 6, 2009

Resources for Podcasts

I visited the Langwitches website from the list of resources provided. I really enjoyed looking at this website and also listening to some podcasts from the site. I learned more from this website besides just how I can make my podcast great. This website provides numerous other resource information such as elementary school resource sites. The creator of this site said, "Shifting and changing our schools is also about reflecting and analyzing our individual teaching practice" (Langwitches Portfolio).

Even though I learned a lot more than just about podcasts, I still learned a lot about how to make my own podcast a great podcast. I learned that for any good podcast, one must pick a theme or purpose. After choosing a theme/purpose, one must prepare for that discussion thoroughly. When podcasting, one needs to practice before the actual podcast. Also, podcasting is more than just talking about a subject; one needs to understand and know how the sound editing works. All of these things and more make a great podcast. Langwicthes provides somewhat of a checklist of these things that one needs to know in order to produce a good podcast. I found this site so helpful that I added the site to my Favorites on my computer.

I also learned from this site that podcasts can range from individual recordings to entire class recordings or as many people that can fit into the recording room. Most of the podcasts that I have listened to have more than one person, but one person can create a podcast. I learned that one can have scripted or unscripted recordings as well. Many different types of technologies can act as a recorder.

This website again provided me with much more information than just podcasts. I strongly advise anybody interested in learning about education in general to look at this website. The website is http://www.langwitches.org/. This site has helped me for podcasts and so much more.

No comments:

Post a Comment