Sunday, September 6, 2009

Last Semester's EDM 310 Videocast

I thought this videocast's main point of defining what a tech literate teacher is was a good theme and purpose. However, I felt at the end of the videocast that I still had many more points that I could have made and also that the participants still had not thoroughly discussed what a tech literate teacher is. I think that the main problem or issue with this videocast was the unpreparedness and lack of organization. I know that all of them had paper in front of them, yet I felt as if they were not sure what to say about the topic. I did not feel that they discussed the points that were made in the beginning or introduction. They made me feel like the whole discussion was put together the last minute before recording it. I feel as if their thoughts were random.

I learned from this videocast to make my podcast clear on what topic I am trying to get across to my audience. I want to make sure that I practice before the recording so that I know that I am prepared enough to make my points clearly. I want to address each point that I need to make and in order if I list them in the beginning of the podcast. Also another thing I noticed about this videocast was the lack of factual knowledge. Opinions are good to have, but when trying to have an educational or professional talk, one needs factual information to support his/her opinion. I feel if this videocast was more organized and had facts to support their statements then I would have gotten more knowledge on what a tech literate teacher is.

Although I see improvements that this videocast could make, I still think that they did a good job. They did have an outline on what they wanted to address, and they did engage in the conversations. Everybody can look back on a project and see improvements, and this videocast has taught me what to do and what not to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment